Thursday, January 21, 2010

Fall Down 100 Times....

Get back up 101 times, right?

As I've mentioned in previous posts (perhaps I haven't) I can be a slow learner. So here I am getting back up again.

I love this industry and I love writing about it and giving tidbits to help people out along the way. Hell, I'll give you the farm, if I think it might help you along. I take that back, I won't give you the farm, I'll teach you how you can get your own.

But you've heard the saying, 'Dr., heal thyself', right? That can be me.

I had a TON of stuff spooned onto my plate this holiday season, and while I was able to keep it together overall in a positive way, I would look over at my MLM business and think, 'I just can't do something else right now.' and look away.

The more I did this, the more the old voices started chanting their old songs. Suddenly, I started hearing the whole choir in my head saying things like, 'well, you've disappointed your sponsor and upline.' 'perhaps this isn't what you are wanting to do.' 'why is it THAT person is wildly successful?'

Then the REAL demon showed up and plopped one word right into my lap. FAILURE.

There it was, like an elephant in the living room. The feeling of failing. Man, that can be a real heavy word if we allow it to be. But, I just let it be and kept reading blog posts, and books, and articles about our industry. For a couple of weeks I did this. I even examined the thought process of the feeling. Whose voice WAS that? Who was telling me that?

Then, I got a message from my old sponsor. "how ya doin, kiddo?" She asked. She's been through quite a bit lately herself, and interestingly enough, as much as I tried talking with her about how SHE was, she just gently brought the conversation back to me. She asked me how I was doing with my business, and I told her.

"I know you've got the passion, the drive to really make this big", She told me. "You see the big picture. You get it. You can do this. I believe in you."

She believes in me. What a GREAT thing to tell someone. ANYone. It can make the difference between getting up 100 times and getting up 101 times. It kicked the word 'failure' right in the ass and out the door.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post, if there's a point, or if I'm just trying to get back into the habit of writing.

I guess it's enough for me, with this post, to just pass on my experience of how things sometimes go in this industry. Perhaps one of you will be able to relate and think, 'It's ok. I'm ok.'

And if that's the case, and even if it's not, know that I believe in you. I know you've got the passion and you have the ability to make it big in this business.

I. Believe. In. You.

~Namaste',
Jhanna

No comments: