Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Kids Wanted to Leave, But I Didn't!

Picture this, a community park full of families getting in that last Sunday birthday bbq of the summer, company picnics, and more.

Lots of kids everywhere. The playground is buzzing with little busy kiddie bees. My kids, on the otherhand, are standing next to me whining. 'We want to GO, mommy! We're HUNGRY! We don't want to BE here anymore!!'

Doesn't sound quite right, does it?

Normally, I'M the one begging the kids for us to leave. I can only respond to 'watch me go down the slide, mommy! Push me on the swing, Mommy! Moooommmmmyyyy!!!' so many times before I want to scream, running from the playground.

But today was different. I'm not sure how I missed it before, but there were some incredible stories going on in that park today. And along with stories comes lessons!

I sat there intently studying story after story, watching them play out. One of the lessons I learned was, from now on I will be taking a paper tablet and pen with me, so I can write everything down. I kept trying to burn everything into my mind so I could remember them for later, before they disappeared into the abyss that can be my mind.

Hang tight, I've got some great stories and lessons coming up...

No comments: