Monday, August 31, 2009

Whether you think you do or you don't....

We all have mentors. We might fool ourselves and think we don't, to a certain extent.

Most people in MLM are pretty aware of who their obvious mentors are, because they consciously say, 'these people are getting the results I want. I'm going to pay attention to them, what they do, and how they do it.'

I'm going to suggest, however, that there are other mentors that we might not be aware of. If we are only aware of the mentors we are consciously choosing, we may end up still performing in ways that hold us back from what we really desire out of life.

Want to hear of some of those mentors?

Parents

Teachers

Religious Leaders

Bosses

Co-workers

Friends

Partners

While we may not consciously declare, 'this is a person I want to emulate', if we are around them long enough, it's going to happen automatically to a certain extent.

We then go through life wondering why it's so hard. We aren't able to recognize what we are doing wrong, because these aren't the actions we've consciously chosen. Or are they?

There is a saying that goes, 'you are as successful in life as the five people that surround you closest.'

Look around. Do you like what you see? These are some of your closest mentors.

I've got some pretty amazing people around me now, but it wasn't always that way. Interestingly enough, once I started to consciously change my way of thinking, those crabbies moved to an outer ring of my circle.

That means, they didn't totally disappear from my life, and I still love many of them very much. However, they aren't impacting my life nearly as much as they used to.

No comments: