Thursday, August 27, 2009

Name Calling At Its Best

The other night a friend and I went out to dinner.

As we were being seated and asked what we would like to drink, I asked our
waitresses name. She said Nancy. I said, 'thank you, Nancy.'

While Nancy was getting our drinks, my friend looked at me and said, 'I see
you're in selling mode. You asked for her name. Good one.'

I told her, 'This has nothing to do with sales. I always ask their names no
matter what the situation, whether I'm in a restaurant, getting my car serviced,
or at the grocery store. They have name tags on, it's not just to know their
name when you want to complain.

Don't you like it when people call you by name? Don't you like hearing your
name?'

She sat there a moment and said, 'ya, I do.'

Whenever I take the time to learn someone's name and USE IT, I receive the BEST
service

Ask people their names, it shows respect, and can develop the most wonderful
relationships!

Namaste'

No comments: