Wednesday, October 7, 2009

SMART Goals! "R"

S - Specific
M - Measurable
A - Attainable
R ......Realistic or Relevant

Is the goal realistic or relevant? Is your goal to be Madonna? Hmmm, perhaps neither too realistic, nor relevant in your life.

But what about earning $1 Million a year? Does that seem realistic and relevant in your life? It certainly does to me!

There is a difference also betweeen reaching for your goals, and trying to accomplish something that is probably not realistic.

Honestly, I'd love to be a Blue Angels pilot but, at 42, never been in the armed forces, and now my eyesight is getting a wee bit fuzzy I'm going to figure that working towards being a Blue Angel isn't very realistic.

However, there are LOTS of goals that I do have that might seem lofty to others, but very realistic and relevant to me.

So keep them realistic and relevant! How are you doing on them?

No comments: