Monday, September 28, 2009

Take a Peek at Goal Setting

As I've stated in my previous posts, I have a dream board. And, boy, the things I have on there make my toes twinkle!

But one thing I haven't done, until now, is write out specific goals. I know. I KNOW.  But starting today I'm changing that.

It makes me wonder how many other people know that goal writting is essential to success, but how many don't? Let's explore the 'requirements' of goal writing together and get them written down.

Based on an acronym I saw earlier today and Napolean Hill's book, 'Think and Grow Rich', We're gonna break it down into five steps.  Here's the acronym: S.M.A.R.T.

I'll break each letter down, and go over one each entry until we've gotten it all down and our goal written out completely.

Let's go through the first one:

S:  Specific. Your goal needs to be as specific as possible. Don't write down, "I want to be rich". Your brain and subconscious doesn't know what to do with that, it's too vague. Instead, write down a specific amount. Remember, these goals aren't set in stone. You can always change it.

State them as declarations of intentions, not items on a wish list.

 "I Am"  is far more powerful and focused than 'I want'.

So, since I started with a financial goal, let's use that as an example.

"I Am Earning $50K Monthly"

Now, one thing I have always done when manifesting something is leaving the amount open to being better than what I'm asking. So I always add, 'or more' to the end of my desires.

For example: "I am earning $50K, or more, monthly."

Sounds NICE, doesn't it?

Now, it doesn't have to be about finances. If you are in network marketing, you can say something to the affect of,

"I am signing ten new leaders, or more,  to my team monthly"

Or, "I am holding five, or more, highly profitable parties each month"

For everyday life a fitness goal can be "I am working out three times a week."

Ok! So I'll let you get started on the first step! Have fun and if you'd like, feel free to post your goal here. We'll discuss the next letter in my next entry.

Namaste'

No comments: